A service platform for aggregation, processing and analysis of urban and regional planning data
p4b portal available online soon
30.01.2013: The plan4business development team has drafted the first prototype of the plan4business web platform. This pilot application in form of a portal enables spatial analysis on pan European datasets. It bases on the requirements collected in the last months. plan4business thanks all stakeholders who contributed to this process. The portal will be accessible online soon. It will include the functionality for user management and payment options and enable the users to access the different services the platform offers.
Customer Workshop in London
08.03.2013: The project team thanks all participants of the Customer Workshop in London which took place on 8 March 2013. The event was organised by ISOCARP and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). The intention of the workshop was to foster the dialogue between the commercial users of urban data and the plan4business platform developers.
The topics presented and discussed during the workshop were:
• Way of collecting, providing quality to data, and elaborating and aggregating them following clients demand and requests
• Evidences how urban layout can influence business potential of urban area
• Use of data in order to understand vacancy information on urban supply sites
• Map for England project, an attempt to map policies and territorial initiatives at national scale
• Activities in the field of geo-location and environmental studies
• Data coverage, liability and quality
• plan4business business concept
The plan4bisines team has evaluated the results of the workshop. The findings will be used for the further development of the plan4business service platform to aggregate, process and analyse urban and regional planning data.
Customer Workshop in Rome
17.04.2013: The next plan4business Customer Workshop will take place in Rome, during the REAL CORP 2013 conference, 18th International Conference on Urban Planning and Regional Development in the Information Society GeoMultimedia 2013. The goal of the workshop is to foster the dialogue with the project stakeholders and to present the project achievements.
Date: Thursday, 23 May 2013
Venue: REAL CORP 2013, House of Architecture, Piazza Manfredo Fanti, 47, 00185 Roma
Further details will be announced soon.